Fall 2022 Events at First Church
We have a number of very special things planned, especially for our young people.
Happening Now -- Please Regsiter:
- Church School for grade school-aged children: Our wonderful Pat Moriarty will serve as church school director. The children will gather in the workroom or outside when we have field trips. Call the office to register your children at 203-744-6177.
- Children’s Chorus. Rehearsals will be on Sundays at 1 p.m. for children from second grade and up. We hope this simplifies your family schedules since the kids will already be at the Church School. Call the office to re gister your children at 203-744-6177.
Sunday, October 23 -- Real Theology Sunday: An expert on relationships and communications will join us after the service to show us how to have respectful discussions about hard things. With the midterm elections and family holidays ahead of us, we hope that this can help all of us have much more peaceful Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.This event is open to the entire community.
Saturday, October 29-- Howl with the wolves. An outdoor evening with live wolves at dusk on Saturday, October 29, as a special Halloween Church School event at the nearby Wolf Center. This is a popular event since the wolves will howl at dusk, along with the kids! A perfect spooky chance to learn about how wolves and other species are important to the ecology.
- To register, text Pastor Pat (914-572-0444) or call the office (203- 744-6177).
- Space is limited. Please register as soon as possible. We must have reservations in by the end of September.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- The kids will need flashlights.
- More information will be coming soon on this event, but if you’re interested, please contact us early and register.
Questions or comments about our events? Call us at 203-744-6177.
Completed Events -- Thank Your for Attending!
Sunday, September 11 -- Homecoming Sunday: Music director Jim Moriarty has planned especially joyful music for this service.
Friday, September 16 -- Family Game Night: Register on Eventbrie for food, fun and trivia. Babysitters will care for the kids so that parents and grandparents can have a relaxing evening. This event is also for people without kids, because it’s just fun! Thank you to Dennis Perkins Farmers Insurance Agendy for underwriting the dinners for this event.